10-11:30am: Swamp Ward & Inner Harbour History Walking Tour
The ninety-minute tour features tales of bootleggers and military drunk tanks,
landlords and rent strikers. We’ll look back to the days when the streets of the old Swamp Ward smelled of fresh manure and coal smoke.
Starting downtown at noon at The Sleepless Goat, and making it’s way up Princess Street to the Skeleton Park Music Festival, the third annual Porch Jazz event offers a series of performances by many of Kingston’s top jazz performers. Porch Jazz is a fun romp through the streets with pit stops for concerts along the way. Let the sounds of The Heavyweights Brass Band lead you along the parade route, and feel free to bring an instrument and join in the joyful noise. At each location, local jazz ensembles will play a half-hour set—dance in the streets or bring a portable lawn chair and relax. Kid- and family-friendly!
1. The Heavyweights Brass Band | 12pm | The Sleepless Goat, 91 Princess St.
2. The Downtown Trio | 12:30pm | Kingston School of Dance, 110 Princess St.
3. Dave Barton | 1pm | Minotaur Games, 165 Princess St.
4. The Jalopy Trio | 1:30pm | The Grand Theatre, 218 Princess St.
5. The Lemon Bucket Orkestra | 2pm | The Artel, 205 Sydenham St.
6. People Project | 2:30pm | The Crackd’ Pot, 262 Princess St.
7. Skeleton Park Arts Festival | 3pm | McBurney Park